DC Plumbing Background
DC Plumbing, Heating and Air Conditioning had been serving the Orange County area since 1989. That’s why it made no sense that they couldn’t be found online for any of their services. Owner Dave Colbert wanted to grow his business, but his lack of visibility online was troubling. After in-depth research, it appeared that Google was actively penalizing them.
The company that built DC Plumbing’s previous website put them in a difficult spot:
- This website company was breaking a lot of Google’s rules.
- They sold websites exclusively to plumbers, but as a result, DC Plumbing’s site structure, pages, and content were nearly identical to hundreds of others built on a template.
- This duplicate content was not original and did not belong to them.
- Their website featured an outdated SEO strategy replete with keyword stuffing.
- Website performance and responsiveness can impact search visibility, and DC Plumbing’s low scores here didn’t help.
- To top it off, the business was left to manage their own advertising, listings, and reviews.
DC Plumbing Goals
Dave gave our team a lot of time and insight into the kind of growth he wanted. We knew what services he offered, how many trucks and technicians he had in place, and what services and products were the most profitable. We developed clear goals around what services he wanted more of, locations where he wanted more business, and competitors he wanted to focus on or be aware of. All of this was developed around an overall figure in revenue growth. Poor website performance was a challenge, but one that we were ready to take on.
A WISE Strategy Brings Success
In December, we provided Listings Management and Google Home Service Ads while working on a new website strategy, content, and build. Prior to their March 13 launch, we added a few more services. Now we support the following:
- Website Management & Hosting
- Listings Management
- Reputation Management
- Google Ads
- Social Media Ads
- Analytics & Lead Tracking